Updates API documentation for everything.

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 17:11:25 EST 2008

On Dec 30, 2007 10:20 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> I have run the python documentation tool 'epydoc' on the contents of
> the joyride-1477 release.  The results are here:
>    http://dev.laptop.org/~cscott/joyride-1477-api/

Thanks. I was wishing for that. Can you do the other major builds
also? I am running 653, and I keep hearing about Update.1.

Does anybody know of a documentation tool for Open Firmware, or for
FORTH more generally? Exploring using 'words' and 'see'

> This is probably the most up-to-date documentation available now for
> Sugar, the update and contents tools, rainbow, etc.
> I plan to integrate this into the joyride build process, so that there
> are always current API docs available.

Thank you, thank you. When you can create a URL that will always go to
the latest version, please add it to the Wiki.

> Comments welcome!  And those of you who have not adequately documented
> your code, please do.  Module-level comments in particular are very
> helpful, and often missing.
>  --scott
>
> --
>                          ( http://cscott.net/ )

http://www.documentia.ca/lies.htm
Biggest Lies Heard by Technical Writers
* You should have a fully-functional product in your hands in plenty
of time to complete your document.
* The product's so intuitive, it practically writes the manual itself.
* You won't be thought of as a nuisance by the SME's. They accept that
you're a peer and respect that you have a job to do.
* I'd make that more abstract. We'll make sure you have everything you
need to get the job done.
* As the tech writer at our company, you will have full, unrestricted
access to the devolopment team's time and resources.
etc.
--
Edward Cherlin
Earth Treasury: End Poverty at a Profit