[Xorg-driver-geode] libpciaccess patch

Andres Salomon dilinger at queued.net
Fri Feb 29 12:21:36 EST 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:20:00 +0200
"Martin-Éric Racine" <q-funk at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at laptop.org> wrote:
> > Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> >
> >  >>  Actually, no - we're not up to date with OLPC, and nobody has actually
> >  >>  tested the vanilla driver on the XO.  The status on the wiki is clearly
> >  >>  incorrect.
> >  >
> >  > The status is correct. It states that the vanilla driver has basic
> >  > support in place but that it needs to be tested by the OLPC community.
> >  > Lack of interest on OLPC's part to test this and report on
> >  > success/failure needs to be resolved ASAP.
> >
> >  Rather than lack of interest, there's lack of resources.
> >
> >  I'm the only X maintainer left at OLPC,
>
> There's plenty more people that could install and test this vanilla
> driver at Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu and countless other distros that have
> decided to create OLPC install targets and yet we never heard from
> them on this issue.

If you know of any other folks creating install targets for OLPC, *I'd*
love to hear about that.  I've found myself stalled while working on
a Debian port due to necessary patches not having made their way
upstream. Aside from kernel and xorg, there are a bunch of packages
that either OLPC is (or was) using forked versions, or that Fedora
has patched without the patches getting upstream. Hal, for example..

That makes it pretty darned hard to test an xorg video driver when
you have to fight with X to find your input devices..