Jabber server issues

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed Feb 27 21:55:56 EST 2008

Either you are using a jabber server or you aren't.

After setting the server name using the sugar-control-panel,
you probably have to reboot for the sugar presence service
to actually register with the server.   Once registered with
the server, a laptop will use the server for presence if found.
If it isn't found, it will use mDNS, same as Apple Bonjour.

wad