Community/OLPC Server Support Discussion

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Wed Feb 20 14:49:35 EST 2008

On Feb 20, 2008 3:02 PM, Michael Stone <michael at> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 07:30:36AM +0545, Bryan Berry wrote:
> > Michael,
> >
> > Will this discussion cover the management of OLPC server infrastructure
> > like the, or the actual School Server
> > (XS)?
> My purpose in scheduling this discussion is to address the kinds of
> services provided by servers like wiki, dev, and teach. Therefore, I
> have a mild preference for deferring the jabber and xs topics to a
> separate conversation (perhaps occuring immediately after the first?).

I had the same question in my mind. I personalyl can't make the 25th
-- I'll be in the air somewhere between Mx-LAX-NZ.

Personally, I am fairly happy with the current wiki.l.o, lists.l.o and
dev.l.o so far :-)

My only tiny note is that would benefit from a nice
robots.txt so that the google crawler doesn't get so confused we could
direct it to the threaded pages, and away from the gzipped mboxes.