[OLPC library] Health mailing list (was: Minutes posted, next steps)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 03:57:19 EST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 6:48 PM, Seth Woodworth <seth at isforinsects.com> wrote:
> Ed,
>
> I hope that groups grow enough to create lists as well.  But we dont want to
> segregate before achieve a critical mass.

No rush, just a heads up.

> The Machine Shop discussions can
> take place on the languishing prepherial list, and any sort of museum
> conversation belongs on the library list.

Fine.

> But on the subject of these.  One, could your reforward my response to the
> GIS question?

I'm missing context. Which message, to whom?

> I am not on most of those lists, or invite people to one of
> the olpc lists.  Two, I think that we might have enough people/interest for
> a good email thread about low cost 3d printers, lathes, etc.  Lets start
> talking.

Yes, I have invited them to join the appropriate OLPC lists. Also
Engineers Without Borders, the GIS community, the Open Hardware
community, the KhmerOS community, the Hip-Hop Chess Federation, and
others. I'm starting to think that OLPC should hire me to be XO
Evangelist.

> On Feb 19, 2008 5:48 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Feb 18, 2008 9:23 PM, Samuel Klein <sj at laptop.org> wrote:

> with
> > > arjun at laptop.org as owner.
> > >
> > > @arjun: there's certainly enough interest now.
> > >
> > > @seth : rotating meeting times each week is one way to treat different
> > > timezones fairly.  And organizing the "Art wanted" section of the art
> > > community to list topical art requests might be a good place to start
> with
> > > your illustrators.
> > >
> > > SJ
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > I hope to be able to request GIS, museum, and machine shop lists in
> > the near future. I talked to Donald Norman (The Design of Everyday
> > Things) at a lecture he gave, and he said that he will bring up the XO
> > in a meeting with the Exploratorium science museum people. I have
> > talked to other children's museums, and intend to do so again soon, as
> > soon as I can find out whether they will be allowed to buy XOs.
> >
> > Also, can we do something to invite teachers in the laptop program
> > into the discussion? Perhaps in multiple languages?
> >
> > And children, too.
> >
> > --
> > Edward Cherlin
> > End Poverty at a Profit by teaching children business
> > http://www.EarthTreasury.org/
> > "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."--Alan Kay

Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/