Moodle as OLPC Server

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:01:17 EST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 4:24 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2008 9:05 AM, drew einhorn <drew.einhorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On another platform for another project
> > there has been some discussion of using Moodle.
> >
> > One obstacle is the lack of a shared whiteboard.
> >
> > There are several 3rd party whiteboards.
>
> As you indicate, another platform, another project. From an OLPC-POV,
> the native applications on the XO match and surpass (wildly) every
> whiteboard I've seen. So a moodle-based whiteboard has no place here.
>
> What has a place is making sure the courses and groups arranged in
> Moodle are visible in the presence service, so you can share with your
> course or group.
>
> I'd be great if you could spend some time looking at how sugar apps
> work to understand this better.
>
> cheers,
>

> martin

Hmm.  That inspires me to consider using sugar in a VM,
or the sugar-emulator from Jani's repo as the platform for the
other project.

Need to get back to reading the Human Interface Guidelines.
I got off track when I realized the vision of the My Neighboorhood
and My Group is not quite what we have.

There is only one group My Friends and the My Group View
is not really a filtered My Neighborhood, it's something else
that approximates the vision.

Yes, I do need to learn how to configure a Moodle sever to
work with a Presence Server.  Until the Presence scaling
issues are resolved we will need our own Presence server.

--
Drew Einhorn