help about helix libraries

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Fri Feb 15 08:09:43 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 17:53 +0500, Waqas Toor wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to create a Reciter activity, so I need help regarding hxplay
>
> i am trying to create an embeded play using helix library, but the
> problem is that when I play a mp3 file using hxplay.run() method the
> activity gets stuck untill the audio file is complete.
>
> any pointers that what should I do, as hacking watch and listen
> activity give me abstract over view of the player

Hi,

don't know much about helix nor gstreamer, but I think it's the later
which is the supported multimedia framework.

See http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/jukebox-activity;a=summary for
an example of a media player activity based on gstreamer.

I guess you could bundle an mp3 decoder for gstreamer inside your
activity.

Good luck,

Tomeu