[Server-devel] back up script for the XO's?

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Feb 14 10:42:21 EST 2008

Brian,
     I was supposed to work on that, but am overwhelmed with other
tasks at this time.  Somebody else may already be working on this
as well.

A very old/early set of scripts is at:
http://dev.laptop.org/~wad/BackupScripts.tar

These scripts DO NOT use the laptops serial number as the username
and their private keys for authentication (it uses a single key).
Simple mod.

These scripts DO NOT properly address where files are kept on a modern
build.   Somebody from the Sugar/Activities team will have to provide
that
info.

When registered with a school server, a home directory for each
laptop is
created in /library/users/.   These scripts do not attempt to support
multiple
backup copies.  The backup is simply contain the union of all files
ever backed up.

Please share your results back with the group!
wad