RPM packages for Sugar and activities and LiveCD

Kurt Gramlich kurt at skolelinux.de
Wed Feb 13 14:05:45 EST 2008

* Alexander Todorov <alexx.todorov at gmail.com> [080213 15:40]:

> Hello all,
> I apologize if that's been asked before.
> I couldn't find RPM packages for Sugar or activities except a few made for
> personal use and hosted on the Internet.
>
> My intention is to create rpm package for every activity and then have these
> packages in a common repository. Even better if they are accepted upstream in
> Fedora repos. By doing this it will be very easy to use Fedora remixing tools
> and crete live cds with the Sugar interface (as I've seen such based on Ubuntu).
>
> The pros behind that is that not everybody wants to build from source or using
> emulation. Up to date LiveCD will benefit all the translators and content
> writers who are not necessarily Linux experts.

Did you try the last LiveBackup XO-LiveCD from 2008-01-30?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/LiveBackup_XO-LiveCD

Download from

http://dev.laptop.org/pub/livebackupcd

We are ready to release as far as as Update1 ist stable with our
LiveBackup framework

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Saludos/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich
Projektleitung skolelinux.de
kurt at skolelinux.de
GnuPG Key ID 0xE263FCD4