How to create a new MIME type for a Sugar activity?

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Mon Feb 11 09:54:04 EST 2008

Albert,

I have decided against creating a new MIME type for my application.  It
turns out that the problems I was experiencing were caused by issues
with the Journal.  In the latest release the Journal has problems
dealing with larger files (30 meg or so).  When you try to use one of
those files in an application the app acts as if no file was specified
at all.  I got a developer key and updated the OS and now my app works
just fine.  It isn't that big a problem to avoid opening the file with
EToys.  My real issue was opening the file with my own app and having it
not working.  I thought having my own MIME type would solve the problem,
but that was only because I didn't understand what the real problem was.

James Simmons