Keyboard layout: switching from Amharic <> US

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at
Sat Feb 9 23:00:17 EST 2008

James wrote:

> The page at <> helpfully
> suggests that:
>    You can toggle between the us and the et layouts by hitting the
>    group switch key, which is mapped to the rightmost key below enter
>    (labeled multiply/divide on US keyboards).
> In my experience, pressing this key inserts an x character.  No
> combination of modifier keys along with the group switch key seems to
> have the desired effect.

What build are you using?  The language key was missing
in the Ethiopian keyboard until ~3 weeks ago.  It should
have been in Update.1 for some time.

 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti -
  \___\  One Laptop Per Child -