New update.1 build 691

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Sat Feb 9 18:06:29 EST 2008

<quote who="Bert Freudenberg" date="Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 10:28:12PM +0100">
> However, why did you ask that question only after the build was made,
> when the package was approved one week ago? There would have been
> enough time to discuss it.
>
> And secondly, what *is* the current policy of package inclusion? I
> was under the impression that getting approval from Jim/Kim/Walter
> was enough. But now we have to convince you, too? What could be
> possibly broken in the system by a new activity release? And who else
> would be authoritative on whether that activity works as intended if
> not its authors?

The library packages were in exactly the same situation -- approved with
plenty of time but then silently not included. Both SJ and I were
around to answer any questions or issues.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto