Timeline for merging patch to kernel's Geode AES support

Denver Gingerich denver at ossguy.com
Thu Feb 7 16:59:36 EST 2008

I am interested in using the Geode's hardware AES encryption with
OpenSSH, but I see that there is a bug in the kernel that causes
"Corrupted MAC on input" errors [1].  The fix [2] has been applied to
Linus' tree [3], but is not in 2.6.24 [4] and not in the OLPC tree
[5].

I'm not that familiar with the OLPC team's merging procedures so I'm
not sure when this is likely to get merged into the OLPC tree.  Is
this something that is likely to be merged soon?

I don't currently have time to setup a development environment to
recompile an XO kernel with this patch so if it's unlikely to get
merged soon, might I be able to get someone to compile a kernel with
that patch for me?

Thanks for your time.

Denver

1. http://www.docunext.com/blog/2007/09/25/geode-aes-ocf-cryptodev-openssl/