Help for kick off!

ASWATHY PRASAD aswathyp1986 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 04:43:00 EST 2008

Hi,

 We are planning to develop a power management software for OLPC. So it
basically deals with the system hardware. It will require the register
values for calculation. But we are not familiar with this kind of stuff.

 Actually we are final year B.Tech - Information Technology students. We are
familiar with C,C++. Also some core computer subjects like Data Structures,
Computer Architecture, Operating Systems in general, Database Systems,
Object Modeling &  Design etc. We need to refresh our knowledge in OS. Also
we did our lab sessions in Linux, but we don't know more about Linux. I mean
that not in the kernel level. We are really new to it. Our plan is to build
an application which has power management stuff in it. So we think that it
requires to have perfect knowledge of kernel level programming.

 It will be really helpful for us, if we get help from you people.

aswathy