New joyride build 2605

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 05:53:57 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 03:41, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
>> +sugar-base 0.83.2-2.olpc4
>
> Good to see this up-leveled -- the previous version of this package
> as distributed in Joyride was more than a month old.
>
> However, that still leaves several packages which appear to be more
> recent in 'olpc3' than in 'olpc4'.  Output of 'yum check-update' :
>
> | pyabiword.i386                           0.6.1-4.olpc3
> | python-telepathy.noarch                  0.15.3-1.olpc3
> | sugar-journal.noarch                     100-1.olpc3
> | xorg-x11-drv-evdev.i386                  2.0.8-1.fc9

I can comment on a couple of these, but I'm not sure how to fix them:

* pyabiword is newer in olpc3 than fc10, but the spec files are
basically the same - the olpc3 one seems to have had a no-change
rebuild which bumped the version number higher than the fc10 version.
There's no olpc4 version as we do not need to fork from the F-10
version - so we should get the fc10 version into joyride.

* python-telepathy has the same version 0.15.3-1 in fc10 and olpc3. We
should also be using the fc10 version here as we have rebased on F-10
and olpc3 was built on F-9. There's no need for an olpc4 fork of the
package as we are using the same version as Fedora.

* sugar-journal is no longer a separate package in Sugar 0.83, so
there should not be a sugar-journal included in Joyride at all. The
sugar package includes the journal functionality now.

Regards
Morgan