Help runnning a script after Installing an activity from .xo

quozl at laptop.org quozl at laptop.org
Wed Dec 17 18:51:14 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:31:31PM +0530, shivaprasad javali wrote:
> So I have to modify the /etc/sysconfig/modules/olpc-1.modules file so
> that I ask the XO to load the OSS module when it boots.

Why when it boots?  Why not when the activity starts?

#!/usr/bin/python
import os
os.system("/bin/su -c 'modprobe snd-pcm-oss' root")

Don't remove the module on termination, in case another activity needs
it.

Also, isn't there another way to cause the module to be loaded other
than explicit loading?