Help runnning a script after Installing an activity from .xo

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 02:01:31 EST 2008

Hi,

I am developing an activity for the XO. I have the .xo file ready to install
but I still have one problem. After Installing the activity I need to make
the XO run a script. I need to do this because the Application makes use of
the OSS module to render sound which is not loaded by default on the XO. So
I have to modify the /etc/sysconfig/modules/olpc-1.modules file so that I
ask the XO to load the OSS module when it boots.

As I understand it the .xo file is just a zip file and when you install it
will just be unzipped and put in the proper location. So is there any way I
can get it to run a script after installing and be in the super user mode
when I run the script. I also need to run the script so that the proper
localisation files suitable for the language of the XO to be copied to
proper locations. I dont want to create a different .xo file for each
language.

Thanks
Jbsp72