Minutes of Power in 9.1.0 meeting

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:09:59 EST 2008


Hi Chris, Joe, Paul and Richard,

How are we doing on closing these action items?
 > * Chris to make some additions to requirement linking in the existing
 > documentation, including what happens when the lid is closed.
 >
 > * Mitch and Deepak to figure out who works on requirement 12.
 >
 > * Joe to write test plan and get it reviewed.
 >
 > * Paul to write an explanation of what power button should do and update
 > that requirement and specification.
 >
 > * Richard to determine how to address the no regressions requirement and
 > how to measure the success of the feature in terms of Amps used.

I believe Joe is waiting for Chris to update the requirements before he 
writes the test cases. I am waiting for the test cases so I can explain 
to people exactly how much longer the battery will last.

Let's close these out so we can get this one ready early. Update the 
feature page here: 
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap/Improved_battery_life

BTW each feature no has its own page and all the features under 
consideration are listed in a table here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap#All_features

Sort by "target 9.1.0" to see the must have list. Send me a note if you 
think anything else needs to be on that must build in 9.1.0 list.

Other edits and added detail on any feature, welcome anytime.

Thanks,

Greg S

Greg Smith wrote:
> Greg, Chris, Joe, Erik, Mitch and Deepak met on Thursday 12/4.
> 
> Minutes:
> Will use the feature roadmap for tracking:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap#Power_management
> 
> We need to address the three separate high level areas on that page.
> 
> We rewrote the requirement and listed all bugs and areas of work in the
> specification section. We integrated all of Gnu's comments (some must 
> fix, some should fix and one should be moved to network).
> 
> We wrote down who owns each of the listed requirements in the owners 
> section.
> 
> Action items:
> * Chris to make some additions to requirement linking in the existing
> documentation, including what happens when the lid is closed.
> 
> * Mitch and Deepak to figure out who works on requirement 12.
> 
> * Joe to write test plan and get it reviewed.
> 
> * Paul to write an explanation of what power button should do and update 
> that requirement and specification.
> 
> * Richard to determine how to address the no regressions requirement and 
> how to measure the success of the feature in terms of Amps used.
> 
> Comments and questions welcome. I will check with you on status of your 
> action items next week.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Greg S
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 


More information about the Devel mailing list