Loosing the Activity window after displaying a OpenFile dialog box

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 02:07:55 EST 2008

Hi ,
  In the application that I am developing for the XO there is a Open button
which displays an Open File dialog box and lets you choose which file to
open in the activity. But when I click on the button and the dialog box is
displayed, I loose my application window and I come back to the Sugar home
screen after choosing  a file to open.

   The thing works perfectly on a normal Fedora machine and it's only when I
am running on the OLPC that I loose the application window. I can see that
the Activity is still running if I go to terminal activity and type in ps
-A, but there is no window for my application.

   Could anyone think of what the problem might be? Is the window manager
for sugar different from a normal Fedora distibution. If so how?

Thanks
Shivaprasad