What's going on with Text To Speech on the XO?

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Tue Dec 16 16:22:08 EST 2008

Ed,

Thanks for your response.  I never questioned that there was still
interest in TTS on the XO.  What I was wondering is if there was any
progress made by Hemant Goyal or anyone else in getting the
Speech-Dispatcher software included with the Sugar distribution, if the
newer version of Python that resolved the power management issue was
included, etc.  I've sent a couple of emails to Hemant and haven't heard
back from him.  I was wondering if he was still working on these things,
or if someone else had taken over his work, etc.  He was making RPMs for
Fedora for installing speech-dispatcher.

James Simmons