[Sugar-devel] Wacom Bamboo with XO?

Chris Marshall jns-cmarshall at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 15:49:10 EST 2008

Gary C Martin wrote:
> On 7 Dec 2008, at 00:58, Wade Brainerd wrote:
>
>> Okay, Colors! v11 supports Wacom tablets, with pressure sensitivity.
>> Instructions for setup are on the activity page, it's really pretty
>> simple.
>>
>> OLPC folks, it might be nice to update xorg-dcon.conf to support Wacom
>> tablets, and to include the linuxwacom package in builds.  I think
>> that deployments would be well served to have a few cheap graphics
>> tablets available for art classes, etc.  If you're interested, the
>> Colors! activity bundle contains the fixed xorg-dcon.conf.
>>
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Colors!
>>
>> -Wade
>
> Hey Wade, sounds great! Unfortunately I'm not having any luck here
> with an XO running 8.2-767 and an Intuos model Wacom tablet. Any one
> else had any success?
>
> BTW: After yum has installed linuxwacom.i386 0:0.7.9.8-6.fc9, the
> additions to xorg-dcon.conf made, and a reboot just to make sure – If
> I go look in /dev/input/ I still see no wacom device listed.
>
> --Gary

This is great news but it did not work on my setup:
os767 with a BambooFun tablet.

I do not see any entries for the wacom in /dev/input
and a wacdump of all the possible /dev/input/event#
entries showed all unknown.

For my yum install it pulled the same version as Gary
reported.

   Had you done some previous installs that might have
   done addition configuration or driver installs?

   What version linuxwacom do you have?

   What /dev/input entries?]

   What do you see with wacdump for them?

Also, the sudo cp of the xorg-dcon.conf from the Colors!
instructions does not have the '!' in it and will not
work.  I had do su to run the command and escape the
'!' as a history expansion character with a backslash.
I was not able to get a combination of escapes that
would work with the sudo emulation...

--Chris