Fedora 10 on XO

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Dec 5 11:43:08 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:22 AM, Ed McNierney <ed at laptop.org> wrote:
> Chris -
>
> Thanks; I think your thoughts are rather similar to mine and I am trying to
> get information on what the actual user need (or perceived need) is.

This is a very important point from the adoption perspective. User
adoption is largely driven by perception, as tied to their
environment.  This is the demand side of the equation. GNOME, XFCE,
Fluxbox, etc are on the supply side and RAM disk space, processor etc.
are our constraints. I'm going with the assumptions that 1) most G1G1
users already have a primary computer and 2) given that Windows has a
large market share, G1G1'ers are Windows users.

The problem is to assess the needs of G1G1 users and *then* try to fit
GNOME, XFCE etc. all within the constraints mentioned above. IMO
starting with the supply side will be problematic.

Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University