wiki.laptop.org upgrade

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Dec 5 01:15:40 EST 2008

> Wiki.laptop.org is a public-facing Web site used by many, many people who
> are not on devel@ or hunt for RT tickets or listen in on VIG meetings.  Our
> public services - especially during our G1G1 period - are mission-critical
> and we cannot treat them casually.

While I sympathize with the use of wiki.laptop.org as an "official"
interface from the OLPC project to the public, that website is where
to date important information has appeared regarding *what* (e.g.,
/go/Designs) and *how* (e.g., /go/Feature_roadmap).

There needs to be a place where such topics can be posted that is
not so "mission-critical" as to invite legal consequences to the
project, or to those contributing to the posted content.

mikus