Fwd: [laptop.org #25711] Activation [Avash Pandit @ OLE Nepal]

Ties Stuij ties at olenepal.org
Wed Dec 3 23:53:02 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
> Bryan, Avash, Ties & Aakash,
> Sorry the manual approach (help at laptop.org) to receiving developer keys
> changed 2 months ago -- to a semi-automated/self-service approach at this
> site:
>
>   https://activation.laptop.org/devkey/post/

I don't understand why you guys don't just write a script on the
backend that takes a .dat file and an email address, parses the keys
in the file and sends a mail with the keys attached. Seems like all
the important stuff is already on the server. It's just a matter of
looping through the .dat file it seems to me, and it would save a LOT
of pain for people like us at deployment sites. It's easy to say for
me of course... Or is there a non-technical reason for making us go
though this trouble?

/Ties