Emulating 8.2-767

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 12:04:57 EST 2008

> And maybe remove some of the obstacles in future releases (a disk
> image with headroom and a standard kernel would be simple to do and go
> a long way).

Nice work.

Well once qemu 0.9.2 is out the '-cpu athlon' emulation option should
allow a standard joyride or 8.2 image to run easily on most machines
[1], then it would be just a matter of expanding the disk image to be
the size people want. There's also some details in this post on using
the Fedora Appliance Tools and a kickstart file to build a VM from
scratch quite quickly here [2] but I'm yet to get to time to try those
steps out.

Cheers,
Peter

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Emulating_the_XO/Quick_Start/Linux