Info on developer key request page on XO

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Tue Dec 2 15:27:09 EST 2008

Folks -

I'm investigating steps that can make it easier to get developer keys
for XOs for users who desire them.  At the moment the developer key
request page at file:///home/.devkey.html contains content that is
retrieved (in an IFRAME) from the activation.laptop.org server (as
well as pulling a stylesheet from it).  Is there a particular reason
for this approach as opposed to making some or all of that content
static and local to the XO?

I'd like to have at least some of that content be local to the XO and
contain instructions on how to request a developer key via postal
mail.  The "make the entire page local" solution would seem to be an
obvious approach, so I'm suspecting there was a reason to not do so.
Comments, suggestions, and history are welcome - thanks!

	- Ed