Scratch fails to write to Scratch.activity/Projects

John Maloney jmaloney at media.mit.edu
Tue Aug 26 20:40:34 EDT 2008

Hi, Scott.

What's wrong with just making the directory Scratch.activity/Projects
writable by the world? Seems to me that it could not hurt other
applications. Scratch does not run any binary files from that folder,
so it should be pretty safe. At worse, some malicious software could
write a bogus project file that Scratch would refuse to open.

The Scratch activity used to install that way but I suppose something
about the installation process has changed.

I'm currently in the process of getting Scratch 1.3 out the door. When
the dust settles from that I will see what I can do about making
Scratch work better on the XO. But I don't think I want to add journal
support even if is easy because I'd like to keep the same version of
Scratch across all platforms, and Scratch was designed to be file-based.

Is there a Wiki page that explains how to use the bug database?

Feel free to re-package the current Scratch activity installer to
include your patch, if you think that makes sense.

	-- John