Scratch fails to write to Scratch.activity/Projects

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Aug 26 18:36:54 EDT 2008

In http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8166 there's a problem reported: Peru
can't save their work in Scratch, because Scratch tries to write to
Scratch.activity/Projects, and this is not writable.  Luckily, there
is an easy workaround: the directory $SUGAR_ACTIVITY_ROOT/data is
persistent storage which is writable by the activity, and properly
protected.  On the trac page I've also provided a patch which wraps
Scratch so that it writes to the proper place.

Tomeu also volunteered on IRC earlier today to help you implement
proper Journal support for Scratch.

Finally: there are a number of bugs filed against scratch in our bug
tracker, but it doesn't appear to have a proper component and owner
created for it in the tracker.  We'd like to fix that: do you have a
username on the dev.laptop.org trac instance that we could make the
default owner of bugs filed against 'scratch-activity' so that you are
promptly notified if/when people have problems?

Thanks for porting scratch, the kids in Peru seem to really like it. ;-)
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )