XO activity bundle .info format

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Aug 26 18:43:37 EDT 2008

> ... found that people are using
> 'org.laptop' as a prefix incorrectly (if everyone uses org.laptop as a
> prefix, then OLPC loses the ability to assign unique names in this domain).

Undoubtedly people who are dbus developers understand the proper use
of the "organization_namespace".  But suppose someone in a far
corner of the world wishes to contribute.  All he knows is that a
three-part name-string gets applied to his Activity's interaction
with the rest of the system.  Since *he* never tests that name, he
may feel free to put anything at all into that name-string.

I believe that life ought to be made as easy as possible for people
who want to enhance their Sugar systems.  Requiring "correctness" in
all parts of name-strings, when to non-insiders those name-strings
might seem meaningless, does not make their participation easier.

mikus