Request: Jabber server for developers

Seth Woodworth seth at laptop.org
Mon Aug 25 19:38:30 EDT 2008

The big benefit of having an Infrastructure-Gang that can administer a
jabber server (or several virtual ones) is that more than one person can fix
it if it breaks.  I could also foresee an irc bot that resides on an XO
somewhere and lets the Infrastructure-Gang irc channel (#olpc-admin) know if
the server goes down.

For those of you who have accounts on RT, please add your comments on
ticket:
http://rt.laptop.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=19413

I totally believe that this is a task that our crack volunteer squad can
handle as a community.  Let's make it happen.

--S