Request: Jabber server for developers

Seth Woodworth seth at laptop.org
Mon Aug 25 14:31:48 EDT 2008

I cleaned up some of the Jabber pages on the wiki last night:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Jabber
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Community_Jabber_Servers
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Run_a_Jabber_Server

I also added a wiki navigation header in a template: {{jabber}}

My plan/goal was to provide ''Running a Jabber Server'' as an open task to
the Volunteer Infrastructure-Gang.  I think that running a really solid
vmware (or zen) instance of ejabbered would be a really simple and useful
task for volunteers to work on.

The best first step (IMO) would be to recruit for the Infrastructure-Gang to
better support public tools created and maintained by the community.

--S