[sugar] is there something that eats develop.sig ?

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Sat Aug 23 02:25:30 EDT 2008

>   3)  What started my muddle was that OFW did not *recognize* the
> USB stick (until much later, once the system was rebuilt, when I
> tried unplugging the external keyboard from the XO).  OFW would not
> boot the "customization" stick - it jingled and let me invoke the
> 'ok' prompt (where commands I entered told me there was no u: device).

The u: devalias only applies to USB 2.0 mass storage devices.  disk:
applies to either USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 mass storage devices, whichever is
present.

USB keyboards are almost always USB 1.1 devices.

I wonder if your USB stick is a USB 1.1 device, or perhaps it is plugged
into a USB 1.1 hub, or perhaps the presence of the keyboard is causing
the stick to be detected in USB 1.1 mode.

I don't have a fully-formed explanation for your problems, but those are
my preliminary thoughts.