jack tests

victor Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Fri Aug 22 19:12:49 EDT 2008

Just a quick note that I have done some preliminary tests with
jack as an audio server and Csound (now that Koji is back up and I
could build an updated package). Performance seems OK, perhaps
even slightly better than direct to alsa (but I am only testing at the
terminal). I'll test it locally, then I'll see if I can get the
network client working (not sure of the issues involved, but I'll try).
I am keeping a record of some this work at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sound

In the near future I will test pulseaudio too, then we'll have an idea of
future possibilities.

Regards

Victor