Build 754 (8.2)

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Fri Aug 22 10:22:24 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 1:45 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:17 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
>> I've made build 754 on the stable 8.2 stream, resynchronized to
>> joyride-2313. (See http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/8.2-joyride.html)
>
> I've just uploaded an update to ds-backup that should get into
> 'stable'. It contains a trivial fix affecting the client side that can
> block backups from working. The packages are in my
> ~/public_rpms/joyride with an updated ChangeLog.
>
> Should I put them in ~/public_rpms/8.2 or something like that? Looking
> at the pilgrim git repo, I suspect I should, so I will set it up.
> Maybe it even works.

I'm sure Michael will post the official "how to get your changes into
8.2" documentation at some point, but I'll briefly summarize:  first,
get your changes into joyride.  No need for an '8.2' repo or anything,
just either tag it in koji or put it in public_rpms/joyride like you
usually do.  (Not yet but soon) you will then have to open a trac bug
and tag it appropriately.  In the past this has been a short comment
in trac explaining (like you did in this email) why this package is
appropriate for the stable build, and then you assign the bug to
"ApprovalForUpdate".  The release "team" looks at the bugs marked
ApprovalForUpdate and agrees/disagrees; if they agree, they then
reassign the bug to the build master (who seems to be me at the
moment) for inclusion.  I'll then pull the named package, either from
your public_rpms or from koji, as appropriate.

Since we're not officially officially branched yet (mostly due to the
koji outage) I'm still just syncing 8.2 with joyride, and I'll make
sure your package gets in.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )