customization key + system modifications

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Aug 21 12:40:33 EDT 2008

Hi Erik,

   > Currently there is no method to set items settable via
   > sugar-control panel using the customization key, or to run a script
   > of some kind at customization-key unpacking time?  It might be very
   > useful if not yet exists.

   > There are security issues which could be considered quite grave.
   > But if we can get around them we could achieve a big win for
   > deployments wishing to manage various software changes on a
   > deployment-by-deployment basis.

There are some things (timezone, I think?) that are set in s-c-p and
require more access to the filesystem that we want to give, but the
majority of the s-c-p settings happen in the profile, which lives in
/home/olpc.  We can/should create a customization point for the profile;
I'd like this too, so that a deployment can decide whether to have power
management on or off by default via customization.

Please file a bug.  Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>