#8041 HIGH 9.1.0: Sugar lacks a "Trash/Recycle bin" system

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 20 00:19:39 EDT 2008

"Eduardo Heleno" <hoboprimate at gmail.com> writes:

> But my point was that, at the moment, you can choose to "Erase" an item, and
> it's gone forever. I expect that many kids will do this, and will at some point
> regret erasing some item.

Yes.  This is a request that has been made here in Haïti.

I'm not convinced myself, because I think the design of the (next)
Journal is neat, and the concept of a trashbin too MS-ish/clumsy.

The only thing I find it useful for: send visual affordance to the
user so that he *wants* to trash things (in a safe way) rather than
obeying the system when she's forced to delete stuff on a full disk.

--
Bastien