A-board

Victor Lazzarini Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Mon Aug 18 12:04:19 EDT 2008

Thanks. I had a look at the wiki page on changing the bios, but have had
not luck booting up Linux from the usb disk. It gets to a point where one
of the init scripts fails (initutil.py):

It tries to mount /dev/hda1 on /sysroot, but of course there is no such device.
Looks like the boot image is no good. Where can I find a usable one?

Victor

At 16:25 18/08/2008, you wrote:
>Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>
>>Hello everyone,
>>I have an A-board in my office which I would like to bring back to
>>life if possible. But on booting, I get the message
>>Evaluation period has expired, halting
>>Validate from 05/16/2006 to 08/23/2006.
>
>>Any suggestions?
>
>You are running an ATest that was never upgraded from Insyde bios.
>
>If you set the RTC clock back then you can re-establish your eval period.
>
>There are instructions on the wiki for upgrading an ATest from
>Insyde to OFW but you will have to dig.  Basically you build a
>bootable usb disk and then use the 'olpcflash' utility to re-flash
>your firmware image. The olpcflash repo is on dev.l.o.  You will
>need to build it static.
>
>A further complication is that we dropped support for ATest in the
>EC code a long time ago.  So you will have to dig through the
>Firmware page and find the last firmware that supports Atest.
>

>--
>Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
>One Laptop Per Child

Victor Lazzarini
Music Technology Laboratory
Music Department
National University of Ireland, Maynooth