rainbow and pam

victor Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Sat Aug 16 17:51:38 EDT 2008

Ok; My suggestion would then be for us to test allowing
RTPRIO to 99 (the max value), if possible, so we can
test its impact. Then it will be possible to test lower
priorities to see what would be a reasonable limit.

There has also been a question of testing stronger
RT kernel patches in future releases. If so, the whole
thing will need to be reconsidered then.

Our problem at the moment is that the current kernel
has taken a step backwards in RT performance, which
we are trying to address. Maybe this will not be the case
in the future.

In any case, thanks for helping us sort this one out,
I am actually very pleased that we can discuss the XO's
RT performance. In fact, if we tune this right, we will
place the OS (and the laptop) in a position of advantage
against its competitors in relation to media applications.

Victor