rainbow and pam

victor Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Sat Aug 16 04:13:12 EDT 2008

But as it is, if you are playing MIDI or audio through an Activity launched
by rainbow, there is no way AFAIK you can renice it. The
code I am testing was set to either change scheduler priority
or to renice the process. None is possible.

Note that what I am proposing here would not affect you,
because you will never play background music and compose
with TAM TAM at the same time (or not at least now, unless
you have two soundcards in the system).

So as far as this discussion is concerned,  your worries are
unfounded.

Victor