wireless 'lights went out' issue

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Aug 15 12:15:07 EDT 2008

I have one of Greg's laptops here, running joyride-2263. According
to /var/log/messages it has not suspended at all this session.

libertas reported a lot of unknown event ids, then commands timed out,
then the kernel reset it via EC. The USB device disconnected, came back
a few seconds later, and it reestablished a connection.

About an hour later, the same happened, it got reset again. The USB
device disconnected but did not come back. Kernel reports a trace saying

INFO: task khubd:313 blocked for more than 120 seconds
Trace includes:
destroy_workqueue
lbs_remove_card
lbs_stop_card
if_usb_disconnect
usb_disconnect

Now the whole USB bus is zonked, so I can't transfer the logs over until
reboot.

Does anyone want to investigate this system while it is in the messed up
state? If not I will reboot it in a few hours time and file a ticket
with logs.

Daniel