Focus on 8.2.0 blockers

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:04:43 EDT 2008

Hi All,

We're still trying to iron out a methodology for the final bug
prioritization of 8.2.0. Will update later today if we make any progress.

In the mean time, I heard some doubt about what to work on to get 8.2.0
shipped.

The top priority items have been marked "blocks:8.2.0" in the keyword
field. A query to see them is at:
http://dev.laptop.org/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&keywords=~blocks%3A8.2

Please pick one of those and focus on resolving those ASAP.

It's possible that something which is marked blocker:8.2.0 today may be
downgraded later. We will try to minimize that churn. Its safe to say
that anything marked blocker:8.2.0 is very important.

If you want to work on one of these and have any doubt about its status
or importance, feel free to ask for the latest info.

If you are working for OLPC and working on something which is not on
this list, let us know ASAP. We should either upgrade the bug you are
working on or ask that you address one of these instead.

I hope that helps reduce confusion and focus people on the top
priorities for getting this release to manufacturing.

Questions or comments welcome.

Thanks,

Greg S