Problems switching back from joyride-2290 to Update.1-708 (rainbow). Help wanted.

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 22:16:01 EDT 2008

For my testing for trac #7788 I want to switch from Update.1 to
joyride-2298 and vice versa
(using alternate boot).
After switching back from joyride-2298 to Update.1 most activities do
not start because
their home directory does not exist.
I need some pointers where to look in rainbow how to get this two way
switching working.
Anything I can run in Update.1 or rpm to update to get this working ???
One thing I noticed is that /etc/group does not have all the groupids in
Update.1
but I have no idea how they got there in the first place.
Pointers to rainbow docs and rainbow changes between Update.1 and recent
joyrides appreciated.

Ton van Overbeek