sugar activity updater

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Thu Aug 14 17:48:08 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> The activity updater seems to take lots of time when accessing large
> Activities (e.g., the Firefox.xo file in the repository).  It also
> produces LOTS of 'WARNING:' messages about the Activity bundles I
> *have* installed -- should that be the job of an "updater" ?).

Trac #7733.  I am annoyed as well.

> Inevitably, the activity updater reaches an error:
> "sugar-control-panel: (110, 'Connection timed out')"

I've got some networking robustness fixes in git for
sugar-update-control 0.9.  Let me know if they help.  (And if you can
give me the whole python backtrace of your 'connection timed out'
message, I can double check that my fixes cover your case.

Thanks for your testing.  I'm glad the command-line interface has
proved useful to you.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )