Next joyride beta delayed.

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at laptop.org
Thu Aug 14 13:10:30 EDT 2008

On Aug 13 2008, at 20:35, Michael Stone was caught saying:
> Folks,
>
> We began considering joyride-2294 for this week's beta selection process
> this morning and, this evening, Joe discovered some interesting hangs on
> laptops running the sugar activity updater. We believe that these hangs
> may be correlated with wireless activity and with the onset of
> idlesuspend; however, since we decided today that we're not ready to
> ship idlesuspend, Kim has requested that we generate a new build with
> idlesuspend disabled by default for this week's testing effort.
>
> More news tomorrow when our story continues.
>
> Michael
>
> P.S. - Kernel folks -- I'm beginning to worry that convincing ourselves
> that our kernel is stable enough ship is going to be... difficult. Your
> advice would be appreciated.

I think we have a gaggle of bugs with workarounds; however, until the above
issue (#7954), we had only seen deadly hangs on suspend/resume under deep
stress testing, not under any sort of real usage scenario. We really need
to continue to reproduce this and gather more data. I'd also like to see
us try to reproduce this with the new EC code in place.

The issues reported with the touchpad (#7788) are also a bit worrysome
but until we have a way to reproduce that can be reproduced on any laptop,
I'm not going to consider it a show stopper.

~Deepak

Deepak Saxena - Kernel Developer - dsaxena at laptop.org