Next joyride beta delayed.

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Wed Aug 13 20:35:47 EDT 2008

Folks,

We began considering joyride-2294 for this week's beta selection process
this morning and, this evening, Joe discovered some interesting hangs on
laptops running the sugar activity updater. We believe that these hangs
may be correlated with wireless activity and with the onset of
idlesuspend; however, since we decided today that we're not ready to
ship idlesuspend, Kim has requested that we generate a new build with
idlesuspend disabled by default for this week's testing effort.

More news tomorrow when our story continues.

Michael

P.S. - Kernel folks -- I'm beginning to worry that convincing ourselves
that our kernel is stable enough ship is going to be... difficult. Your
advice would be appreciated.

Finally, for more details on the circumstances of the hangs, please poke
Joe.