Project Name: olpc-bundler has been set up

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 13:34:58 EDT 2008

For clarification, is this a tool meant to be used by content
providers on non-XO machines, or an activity for use in Sugar?

I ask because, ever since we first designed the Journal, we've been in
need of an activity (which should be called "Bundle") which is
specifically designed to manage a variety of archive formats (zip,
tar, gz, etc.).  This activity is designed to provide an interface
which allows organization of files and directories (in a hierarchical
tree view), and can open or create bundles of any kind, or
import/export individual items from the Journal.  It's meant to be
generic, so that any random bundle downloaded or copied to the XO can
be opened, but it could certainly be given some special buttons or
features which assist in the creation/editing of library/activity
bundles on the XO.

It's possible you're just talking about a much simpler, one-purpose
command-line script, which is fine as well, but perhaps this effort
could be catered toward the creation of this much needed activity?
Thoughts?

- Eben