XO keeps staring at its own belly button

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Aug 12 09:49:14 EDT 2008

By calling 'top' in a Terminal session when the 100%-CPU-using
client is running, I've observed that during "unresponsive episodes"
the 'top' display freezes -- in other words, it is not just user
input, but also running programs, that are "superseded".

Also, the "unresponsive episodes" are periodic.  I don't have the
patience to sit looking at the XO for long, but "use of large
amounts of CPU" by 'X' happens, then there is a stretch of "normal"
usage by 'X' before the next "large" usage happens.  Further, there
seem to be periods (of many minutes) when NO "unresponsiveness" occurs.

mikus