First impressions of joyride-2280

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Aug 12 10:29:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 09:17 -0400, Ton van Overbeek wrote:
> I might have spoken too soon.
>
> Yesterday the touchpad jumping was back in joyride-2280.
> In my initial run of joyride-2280 the battery was full and the XO
> was connected to the mains power.
> This time I was on the battery and the battery was running down.
> In dmesg I noted a lot of EC traffic approximately every 2 minutes.
> Does the frequency of EC polling increase when the battery runs down?

This is normal. It's not polling as such. The hardware generates an
interrupt when the battery charge drops by 1% (or when AC power is
connected/disconnected, etc). The software then queries the EC to figure
out the new charge levels and power status.

> Also in the touchpad recalibration messages I see a lot of nested
> calibration requests: several other calibration queued while performing
> one. This does not seem right to me.

You should post some logs to clarify exactly what you mean.

> Again, Update.1 (build 708) behaves much better.

The touchpad in joyride is much better behaved recently, but I agree
that it has regressed since update1 (where I never saw a problem).

Daniel