New wireless/mesh icon info testers needed (#2866, #6995)

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Aug 12 03:21:55 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 09:32:52PM -0400, Ton van Overbeek wrote:
> Tried your test for 2866.

Thanks very much!  If you have any comments on how I could have made
it easier for you to test (was using git more onerous than the
traditional "here's a patch, cd /to/here ; patch -px < mypatch.txt"
approach?) I'd love to hear how to do that.  As I work with my git
clone "sewn" into the deployed directories like my instructions did, I
find it more convenient to git-pull than apply patches, but of course
I'd prefer to do whatever gets me the most testers :).

> Works as advertised for me (joyride-2280).

Good to hear.

> Could not test the mesh, since I have only one XO.  At startup, when
> showing the frame, you see first the attempt to connect to the mesh,
> then it is replaced by the AP icon and information. I like the
> signal strength indication and the IP address.

Cool.

> The 'disconnect' option is gone from the frame. I suppose you have
> to do this in the neighbourhood view (have not read Eben's design
> proposal).

Yes, this is intended as part of Eben's redesign.  If you have time to
read the comments at: http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6995#comment:27
...you may be interested to see the differences of opinion.  If you
have any opinions I'm sure we'd be happy to hear.

> Ton van Overbeek

Martin