First impressions of joyride-2280

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Mon Aug 11 14:15:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

   >> - After suspending with the power button however (screen goes off)
   >> and resuming with the power button, eth0 is down and does not come
   >> up automatically. Manually bringing it up with ifconfig and
   >> assigning it the same ip4 address as before allows to continue the
   >> external ssh session.

   > Reproduced this here. I was able to just do an "ifconfig up eth0"
   > after resume and NM reinstantiated the connection to my AP and my
   > TCP sessions stayed up but this obviously wrong behaviour.

I think I'm going to back out the change that tells NM to sleep and wake
during "sleep mode".  NM should be doing all the same things it does to
find a connection at startup, but it's clearly not working.  Maybe we'll
be able to re-enable this after we move to NM 0.7.

This means that the XO won't look for a new connection when coming out
of sleep, and will re-use whatever you were connected to before.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>